He who is without sin can cast the first stone.
“Gay people should burn in Hell!” How many of you have heard something along these lines lately? I know I have. Several times a week, and even more often. “Homosexuality is an abomination!”, – you know, all the “slogans” WBC use when they picket funerals. (But, it’s not only WBC who uses language like this. People you’d think are quite normal also tend to lean this way, even here in Norway. “God hates fags!”
Well, if you (and by “you” I mean you that think this way) have read your Bible, you’d know that while Jesus never spoke against homosexuality, he spoke quite negatively about divorce. Funny then, how a lot of the people I know who are “against homosexualy because it’s in the Bible” also are divorced. Another funny thing – most of these people stuffed their face really good this Christmas. Here’s a list:
- Philippians 3:19 (“their god is their belly”)
- Psalm 78: 18 (“they tested God in their heart by demanding the food they craved”)
- Proverbs 23:20 (“be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat”)
- Proverbs 23:2 (“put a knife to your throat if you are given to appetite”)
- Ezekiel 16:49 (“Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.”)
Why do we never see anyone picket fast food restaurants with “God hates Gluttony!”
Jesus, the guy these people believe is the son of God, told his followers that “He who is without sin can cast the first stone” when the religious leaders ganged up on the woman caught in adultery.
Funny really, isn’t it how the pious tend to gang up on those that are different, but considerest not the beam that is in their own eye…